Gevo, a renewable chemicals and advanced biofuels company that has developed proprietary technology that can convert crops such as corn into low-carbon fuels, has seen its stock rise by about 13% over the last month (21 trading days), outperforming the S&P 500 which was up by about 7% over the same period. The recent gains come as the company signed a memorandum of understanding with food processing major Archer-Daniels-Midland
So is GEVO stock likely to rise further in the coming weeks and months or is a correction looking more likely? Per the Trefis machine learning engine which analyzes historical stock price movements, GEVO stock only has a 35% chance of a rise over the next month (21 trading days). See our analysis Gevo Stock Chance of Rise for more details.
Five Days: GEVO 0.1%, vs. S&P 500 1.9%; Outperformed market
(42% event probability)
- Gevo stock rose 0.1% over a five-day trading period ending 11/8/2021, compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose 1.9% over the same period.
- A change of 0.1% or more over five trading days has an 42% event probability, which has occurred 1060 times out of 2516 in the last ten years.
Ten Days: GEVO 12%, vs. S&P 500 2.9%; Outperformed market
(16% event probability)
- Gevo stock rose 12% over the last ten trading days (two weeks), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose by 2.9%.
- A change of 12% or more over ten trading days has a 16% event probability, which has occurred 408 times out of 2516 in the last ten years.
Twenty-One Days: GEVO 13%, vs. S&P 500 7.1%; Outperformed market
(19% event probability)
- Gevo stock rose 13% over the last twenty-one trading days (about one month), compared to the broader market (S&P500) which rose by 7.1%
- A change of 13% or more over twenty-one trading days has an 19% event probability, which has occurred 469 times out of 2516 in the last ten years.
Electric vehicles are the future of transportation, but picking the right EV stocks can be tricky. Investing in Electric Vehicle Component Supplier Stocks can be a good alternative to play the growth in the EV market.
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since 2016.
Invest with Trefis Market-Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates