The new team includes former influential figures at Symphony communications, Microsoft, and Marshall Wallace.
Parity Technologies – the engineering firm behind the initial implementation of Polkadot – has rounded out its leadership team with the addition of three new hires. These include Eran Barak as COO, Fahmi Syed as CFO, and Peter Ruchatz as CMO.
- As Chief Operating Officer, Eran Barak will be responsible for overseeing people and operations, helping the firm scale to meet its growth needs. He’s previously helped build companies like Thomson Reuters and Symphony Communications, the latter of which raised $450 million under him as CFO.
- Fahmi Syed previously served as Chief Operating Officer of FIFTHDELTA, Europe’s largest hedge fund of 2021 with $1.25 million in assets under management. He also holds experience with Marshall Wallace’s non-investment team, helping grow its AUM to $45 billion.
- Finally, Peter Ruchtaz held international leadership roles at Microsoft and Salesforce, while sparking growth for other SaaS businesses, like Celonis. As Chief Marketing Officer, he will oversee marketing and communications and drive market education about Polkadot.
- Polkadot is a multi-chain protocol that facilitates interoperability between various blockchains. It allows for cross-chain-transfers of tokens and other forms of data.
- Parity CEO Gavin Wood is the founder of Polkadot, President of the Web 3 foundation, and a former CTO of Ethereum. He, like Charles Hoskinson, eventually migrated from the primary smart-contract platform to develop a now top-20 cryptocurrency.
- Polkadot recently revealed plans for a next-generation governance model, which alters the “day-to-day” decision-making process for protocol changes.